Today.com and Match.com Share Results of Love Bites Survey
Posted on July 4, 2012Today.com and Match.com teamed up teamed up on a Love Bites survey that reveals turn-ons and turn-offs of dating-related dining etiquette and food choices. The survey discovered that things like drinking too much was a huge turn-off for women and that single men think a traditional dinner date is a great first or second date.
Vidya Rao, Today.com Food Editor, says in a statement, "Food is an integral part of our culture, and so many of us fall in love over a good meal. We attach our memories and emotions to what we eat, and as a result, learn a lot about someone by observing their attitude about food. It's a basic human need, and we use that to judge how a date might be in a relationship. Is he adventurous? Is she respectful? It's a lot deeper than what's on the plate."
Here are some highlights from the Love Bites survey:
- Drinking is likely an unwise dating move. 70% of women were turned off if their date drank more than they did. However, 23% of single men and women said it was a turn-off if their date did not have any alcohol. 43% of single men and women said they would order a drink on a date "most of the time." Another 40% would only drink if their date ordered an alcoholic beverage.
- Alcohol Etiquette: When it comes to drinking alcohol on a date, 43% of singles said they order a drink "most of the time" while 40% said they would only order a drink if their date ordered one
- Whether you eat meat or not probably will not turn off your date. 30% of meat-eaters said they would not date a vegetarian. Just 4% of vegetarians said they won't date a person who consumes meat.
- Adventurous eating is important to some daters. 66% of singles said they are turned off when a date does not want to try certain foods.
- Ordering for your date probably won't go over well. 67% of singles said they do not want their date to order for them.
- Don't be picky when ordering. This turns off 56% of daters.
- This seems obvious but don't flirt with the wait staff. This turned of 87% of singles. A strange 4% actually found this to be a turn-on. The Date