UK Survey Finds Wuthering Heights is the Greatest Love Story Ever
Posted on September 24, 2007
A UK survey of 2,000 people commissioned by UKTV Drama has found that Emile Bronte's Wuthering Heights is considered the most romantic love story of all-time. Bronte's novel beat Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice and Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. The top five list is below. The Guardian reports others in the top twenty included "My Fair Lady, the musical screenplay of George Bernard Shaw's play Pygmalion, The African Queen, The Great Gatsby, Sense And Sensibility and War And Peace."
- Wuthering Heights by Emile Bronte
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell